Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Drew and I had a great Valentine's Day!  I just love my husband so much!!!  He is the best.  He is smart, funny, handsome, hard working and he is my best friend.  We are a perfect match and I couldn't ask for anything more.  I feel so blessed to have him.  Anyway, back to Valentine's day.  We went to brunch with our friends Kurt and Corrie.  It was an adorable restaurant that is in a little old house.  We were kind of lazy the rest of the day and then I made dinner.  We even broke out the china, silver and crystal from our wedding that we still hadn't used.  I was very excited about that (which explains why I have pictures of it on my blog).  We had a great time just staying in and enjoying each others company.  

Drew doing dishes.

Me cooking.

We ended up moving the place settings closer because Drew insisted they were too far apart.


For dinner I made blue cheese crusted fillet Mignon, twice baked potatoes and asparagus with hollandaise sauce.  It was delicious!

I also made creme brulee for dessert.

2 comments:

Sean and Karaden Lodder said...

ahh how cute...i must say you have become a lil betty crocker:)our Valentines was pretty lame I had my wisdom teeth taken out 2 days b4 and I guess you could say I was a lil loopy...but sean was very sweet and took very good care of me:) miss u

The Layman Family said...

how fun! your dinner was quite gourmet- I'm impressed!!! And I love that you used your wedding china. Sounds like a perfect day!