Monday, November 16, 2009

The Great Gatsby Gala

On Saturday I attended my school auction. The theme was the Great Gatsby Gala and it was very glamorous! Many of the men were in tuxedos and the women were either in beautiful long fitted gowns with long pearls and boas, flapper attire or cocktail dresses. I was boring and just wore a cocktail dress but as you can see from the pictures, the other young teachers wore flapper dresses. There was a silent auction, live auction and gambling tables set up. It was very fun! I went with a group of teacher and none of our boyfriends/husbands came. We stayed at the auction until almost eleven and then went out. Lets just say the flapper dresses were quite a hit at the bars! Drew and our friends came and met us out and we all had a very fun night!

The group of teachers that I went with.

No, we teachers weren't taking shots. We were just posing with them for a picture.

The decorations were very pretty!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! I'm still mad I didn't drag you into that picture that creepy guy took of me!

Beth said...

Looked like fun:)

Beth said...

Thanks, friend!