Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New House


We moved into our house about almost four weeks ago and we couldn't be happier! We have been busy unpacking, painting, plating flowers and doing other little projects. My mom came in town the day after we were supposed to close but our close date got pushed back. We had planned on working on the house all week when she was here but ended up doing lots of eating, drinking and we had a Mad Men marathon. She did buy us a buffet that we painted together which was very fun! Drew's parents came in town the weekend after we closed. They helped us paint and Drew's mom textured the walls. Drew has become quite the little handy man around here and I must say he has impressed me yet again! I truly have the most wonderful husband in the world! Anyway, here a few pictures of the house. Some are small but if you click on them they get larger.

Sorry, this picture is a little bit dark.

Living room



Dining room/kitchen



Our bedroom


My handy husband fixing a crack in the wall.

Here is the buffet my mom bought us.

Sorry mom but I had to put this picture on! When we bought the buffet my friend Corrie came with us so we could drive it home in her husband's truck. We were afraid it would tip over so my mom insisted she sit in back and hold it. She looked so funny driving in the back of a truck through Houston. She even made friends with a guy at a stoplight! I was just driving behind laughing so hard! Thanks for the buffet and the laugh mom!


3 comments:

The Layman Family said...

wow! your house is SO cute britt! i love it! especially the kitchen- that's amazing! i'm so glad you posted these so i can see what your house is like.
oh, and thanks so much for the b-day card. you're the sweetest!

Beth said...

I love you house!!! It just looks like you:)

Membership Required said...

Congrats on your new home. It's beth's friend...we met for lunch one time. Trying to figure out what part of town this is in. Are you still near the galleria. I love the homes down there. So full of charm!
Congrats again and I love that color in your family room! Do share the name.