Friday, March 27, 2009

My Weekend

Drew went to Las Vegas last weekend for a bachelor party.  It was the very end of my spring break and I had Friday, Saturday and Sunday all to myself.  I planned on doing nothing just relaxing so that I would be ready to go back to all 19 kids.  Although I did rent four girly movies (and watched them all) I got tons of stuff done around the apartment.  I put all of our Chicago pictures in a scrap book.  I have made all three of our close guy friends scrap books for their birthdays because they always love to look at ours.  I finished the last one of those.  I painted new towel bars for the bathroom and bought his and hers letters. I also hung them by myself and even Drew said they are nice and sturdy.  I must admit, I was pretty proud of myself when he said that.  I did all of the laundry, got all of the ironing done, cleaned, and reorganized my cookbook (which took forever).  I put everything in a new binder and put every recipe in a plastic sleeve so they wouldn't get stained like some already have.  I was very productive!

I had mentioned in a previous blog that I got a sewing machine for Christmas from Drew.  I posted some pictures of my latest project.....pillows!  I also put some pictures of my Easter decorations.  If you can't tell by now, i decorate for every holiday.  I just can't help myself.  I guess it's because my mom did that and it always got me in the holiday spirit! Anyway, enough rambling, here are the pictures.....

Bathroom




It's kind of hard to see but the framed pictures have vintage Easter prints in them.  I ordered prints for every holiday so I can change them out.  I know, it's a little over the top but I love them!

Just a few of the many Easter decorations.

Pillows that I sewed.

Closer image of pillows.

Chicago scrap book.

More of the scrap book.  Not sure why this picture is sideways but I couldn't figure out how to fix it- Oh well.


1 comments:

Beth said...

Productive indeed! Well done -- love the pillows and the his/hers towel bars:) Have you heard from Mel and Mikey?