Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike

We survived the hurricane. I already had a trip planned to Oklahoma City. I left Thursday night so I missed all of the action. Drew stayed at his friends loft. It is a converted warehouse so there aren't any windows on the first or second floor. They said it was crazy! The wind was unbelievable. Drew went and drove around downtown the next day and he said it was like a ghost town. There was crap everywhere, windows were broken and stoplights had blown over. Millions of people are still without water or power but luckily, our apartment has both. All of our friends are staying there. The grocery store opened today so they were able to restock on food and water (and I am sure beer).

I am still in Oklahoma City. I was supposed to leave today but the Houston airport is closed until Tuesday. School has so far been cancelled Monday and Tuesday and Drew does not have to go to work tomorrow. Thank you to all of you who kept us in your prayers and sent thoughtful emails or gave us a call.

1 comments:

Sean and Karaden Lodder said...

Omg I know I was worried about you guys all weekend Sean and I were hunting and we just got home. I'm so glad you are both ok and all your friends too...Keep me posted fly home safe:)